Greetings Class of 2022’ers,
I am sending this email message to all sophomores to draw attention to a few upcoming time sensitive administrative actions and to remind you about my interest in meeting with you throughout your journey at Wes. In this email you will find 5 bulleted topics with links to more details. It is critical that you review briefly all topics in this email and I strongly encourage you to take the additional time to read the expanded information and hyperlinked references as well.
- Drop/Add will end on Wednesday, Feb 5 at 11:59 PM.
- Take Action: Confirm Schedule, Clear Enrollment Holds
<Read more about Add/Drop & Enrollment Checklist>
- The Major Declaration Link in your WesPortal will be activated on Feb 6
<Read more about Major Declaration>
- Please come in to meet with me to discuss any academic or personal concerns you might have. You may stop in without an appointment during my daily 10 min, quick question Drop-in Sessions (listed below) or schedule an appointment by contacting my assistant Mrs. Maheu at firstname.lastname@example.org or 860-685-2764. <Read more about contacting your class dean>
- For assistance with Time Management and other academic success strategies, you may also visit the Academic Peer Advisor blog and schedule an individual appointment. < https://www.wesleyan.edu/studentaffairs/resources/peeradvisors/index.html
Wishing you all the best for a successful semester at Wes! –Dean Thornton
|Drop/Add and Enrollment Checklist:
As you may already know, only a limited number of sophomores have already declared a major (e.g. CSS, COL, CEAS). The majority of current sophomores are expected to use the time between Feb 6 and mid-March to request (via WesPortal) a major. The rationale for the major declaration requirement is firmly rooted in our efforts to guide and support your progress toward graduation in 2022. Please note that whatever major you activate during this period does not permanently commit you to that particular academic home at Wesleyan or to a particular future career. There is still time to continue your academic and personal self-exploration at Wes after declaring a particular major and some students will still need to complete department specific prerequisites before formal acceptance into their intended major. Sophomores who require additional time to complete prerequisites for acceptance into a major, should complete the Major Deferral Form and schedule a meeting with me during the month of February.
Students interested in majoring in psychology who entered Wesleyan as first-semester freshmen, are required to apply for the major during their Wesleyan forth semester (generally, spring semester of sophomore year). Additional information about the Psych Major declaration is available at https://www.wesleyan.edu/studentaffairs/resources/majordeclaration/index.html
Class Dean Communication: