From: Office of International Student Affairs <email@example.com>
Sent: Monday, December 9, 2019 9:43 AM
To: Office of International Student Affairs <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: I-20 Travel Signature & Winter Break Reminders
Dear international students,
Here are some important pieces of information to help you get ready for winter break. Please read the message below carefully.
If you are staying on campus:
- If your current housing will be closed, you will need to secure an alternative housing location and fill out this form to let us know by noon on December 12, 2019. The first 5 people who fill out the from will get a surprise gift from the OISA!
- The three OISA winter break coordinators’ names and emails are listed below. Please feel free to reach out if you need support or have questions:
- Remi French (email@example.com)
- Abrar Habib (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Noah Langat (email@example.com)
- OISA on-call phone is: (860) 685-1096. This number is for non-emergency, programming and individual support. One of the OISA winter break coordinators will answer the phone.
- For emergencies (including being locked out), please call Wesleyan public safety.
- The Transportation Department offers a free local grocery shuttle service every Sunday from 12:30 pm-3:30 pm and every Wednesday from 6:30 pm – 8:30pm. The van leaves from Usdan to Aldi and Price Chopper and returns. The shuttle does run during the break. If you have questions about the shuttle schedule, please contact 860-685-3788.
If you are traveling internationally:
- Make sure that you have a valid travel signature on the day you plan to return to the U.S. A travel signature is valid for 365 days. Check page 2 of your I-20 before you depart the U.S.
- Make sure that you have a valid passport (6 months into the future of the day of your return) and a valid F-1 visa (except Canadians).
- If you have any questions about traveling internationally or need a travel signature, please visit the OISA during drop-in hours (Tues. 11:00 am – 12:00 pm; Wed. 11:00 am – 12:00 pm; Thurs. 3:30 – 4:30 pm; Fri. 2:00 -3:30 pm). We added an extra drop-in hour today (December 9) from 11:30 am -12:30 pm. OISA is located at 023 and 024 of North College.
- Transportation to airports and train stations:
- The deadline for reserving transportation through Wesleyan transportation is Wednesday, December 11.
- You may also find someone to share a Uber/Lyft ride through the ride share spread sheet.
- There are daily posts on transportation options to major airports on the OISA Facebook page. [Middletown to EWR airport, Middletown to JFK airport, and more posts are coming this week]
- The easiest way to access immigration-related support while you are outside of the U.S. is to contact the Office of International Student Affairs (OISA) via email (firstname.lastname@example.org). OISA is closed from December 21, 2019 to January 1, 2020. During the time when the office is closed, if there is an immigration emergency, contact Wesleyan Pubic Safety at 860-685-3333.
Good luck with final exams and papers!
Office of International Student Affairs
OISA Fall 2019 Drop-In Hours: Tues. 11:00 am – 12:00 pm; Wed. 11:00 am – 12:00 pm; Thurs. 3:30 – 4:30 pm; Fri. 2:00 -3:30 pm
Urgent Matters: Please be aware that e-mail should not be used to communicate about urgent matters. E-mails will not routinely be read after business hours. If your situation/inquiry is urgent, please call 911 or contact Public Safety at 860-685-3333.
Confidentiality Notice: The information (including any attachments) contained in this email message is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) name above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this document in error and that any, review, disclosure, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify me immediately by email, and delete the original message.