Remote Student Tech Needs
Wed 7/22/2020 3:29 PM
- Internet Access. As long as the service that you are obtaining will provide you with “2 Mbps up/down” (2 Megabits per second of bandwidth for uploading and downloading), you should have no issues participating in Zoom. Students can test their home internet speeds at: https://www.speedtest.net/
- Software for Students: – Wesleyan provides many applications via a virtual application environment called MyApps. You can run these applications on your personal device without having to install it locally. Myapps.wesleyan.edu opens up a portal with access to the following applications: (Note that these applications run on either a Windows or Mac, even if the application is Windows-only based). More information on software available for students and software running on MyApps can be found here: https://www.wesleyan.edu/its/services/teaching/software_new.html
- Zoom. All students have a Pro license of Zoom. Please consult the Zoom Quickstart Guide for Students we developed. Additional resources are available through Zoom Help Center. Login to Wesleyan’s Zoom here.
- Higher power computers for specific courses.
- Noise-cancelling headphones to create a quiet place to study in a busy home environment.