Sent: Friday, March 13, 2020 12:04 PM
To: All Students on campus <email@example.com>
Subject: Updated moving out information
As you are packing up to leave on or before 3/23, we wanted to send you some reminders to assist you with your planning:
- Remove all belongings. Check drawers, closets, under the bed, bathrooms, common areas, etc.
- Remove all your items from refrigerators.
- Remove all trash, recycling, compost/debris, and dispose in the proper containers.
- Return keys to Residential Life. If you are returning keys when ResLife is closed, we ask that you put your keys in an envelope and then place them in the key drop box between North and South College. If you are unable to return to campus to return your key in person, you must mail the key back to Residential Life as soon as possible, as any credit towards the RCF cannot be processed until it is received. Keys must be mailed via priority/registered mail; a tracking number will help ensure we receive your key and that you are not charged for a lock change.
- Check your WesPortal to ensure that your current room number is accurate and double check that the forwarding address for mail is up to date. If the wrong room number is listed, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org , to avoid possible damage charges for a room in which you did not live.
- If you are not able to remove your car from campus, make sure to park it in the Vine Street lot, at the end near the tennis courts. Physical Plant has repairs scheduled for the other half of the lot.
- A variety of options are available for help with packing, movement and/or storage of your belongings. Storage Options Link. Free boxes are available in Exeley 141 while supplies last. UPS will be on campus beginning on 3/16 to assist with the purchase of packing supplies and shipping.
- Free van transportation to local storage facilities is being provided by the university. Details can be found Here
In compliance with CDC recommendations, parties and other social gatherings are strictly prohibited on campus.
Please check out our Frequently Asked Questions page which provides additional information: FAQ Link
Please email email@example.com or call us at 860-685-3550 if you have any questions.
The Residential Life Staff